WALTHAM, Mass., August 21, 2018 — STANLEY Healthcare, a market leading provider of visibility and analytics solutions for the healthcare industry, today announced that Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, MO has deployed the AeroScout Links platform for wireless monitoring of temperature and humidity conditions throughout the hospital, including in refrigerators, freezers, incubators and procedure rooms.
The AeroScout Links platform is a cloud-based IoT solution that utilizes smart Wi-Fi sensors and gateways, with a mobile application to receive alerts, monitor the status of devices and create compliance reports. The platform enables easy and efficient compliance with regulatory requirements for storage and handling of sensitive products such as pharmaceuticals, vaccines and laboratory materials, as well as ambient conditions in patient rooms, surgical suites and more.
“We opted for AeroScout Links because it was simple to deploy, cost effective and offered us advanced features to monitor and manage environmental conditions at multiple locations in the hospital,” says Ryan Parker, Pharm.D., Director of Pharmacy at Missouri Delta Medical Center. “Before, we relied on manual readings once or twice a day, which was both inefficient and made it extremely difficult to proactively manage our storage devices in order to protect their contents. Now, not only do we receive alerts in a matter of minutes when anything goes out of range, but we have a continuous set of readings that allows us to analyze trends over time.”
This capability has already helped Missouri Delta address a potential patient safety issue: the data provided by AeroScout Links revealed that the temperature in a refrigerator containing $10,000 in medications was dropping below the specified range at the end of the compressor cycle. The hospital was able to quickly identify this and adjust the temperature setting.
A key factor in Missouri Delta’s selection of AeroScout Links was the simplicity of the deployment, with no requirement for on-site servers. “There is no comparison in how easy it is to setup a cloud-based solution like AeroScout Links versus an on-site server application,” says Parker. “Our staff required very little assistance once shown how to deploy the assets. Being a subscription-based service, we also did not have to budget for a large capital purchase.”
Missouri Delta is using over 20 temperature and humidity tags to monitor conditions in the pharmacy, laboratory and the operating suite. The tags used with the AeroScout Links solution have been proven over many years as part of STANLEY Healthcare’s AeroScout Real-time Locating System (RTLS) platform, and are in use in hundreds of hospitals to monitor a wide-range of devices and environments.
The AeroScout Links solution was developed to enable small hospitals, outpatient service providers, pharmacies and other organizations to easily monitor cold storage and other aspects of their operations that must be maintained at specific conditions for safe patient care. The new platform combines features and services essential to the unique requirements of healthcare monitoring:
- Designed for healthcare: The AeroScout Links platform is specifically made for healthcare applications, with measurement, notification and reporting options that support regulatory compliance. Calibration services are also available to recognized standards, such as those of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST);
- Cost effective: The AeroScout Links platform offers a low total cost of ownership with minimal setup costs and a simple annual subscription plan. Healthcare organizations can immediately realize efficiency savings and avoid costly events such as the loss of items in a malfunctioning refrigeration unit;
- Flexible and scalable: The platform is an effective solution for a wide range of organizations and many different monitoring needs. It supports multiple sensors and is scalable to cover everything from a handful of devices in one location to thousands of devices across multiple sites;
- Secure: STANLEY Healthcare employs best-in-class cloud services to ensure maximum data security, with High Availability, backup and multi-tenant capabilities. In addition, STANLEY Healthcare monitors the platform to proactively ensure uptime;
- Easy to implement and use: Setup and configuration of the solution is straightforward, and can be done by the customer or with the assistance of STANLEY Healthcare’s authorized partners. For users, the mobile application has all the necessary tools to monitor and respond to events, including documenting corrective action.